Sunday, December 24, 2023

Big Knife Binge

 Got inspired by doing Josh's Camp Knife, to do a few BIG knives.  So.......here we go........



I had been out shooting photos with my daughter, Lori Anne.  She was down from Lake Stevens, Washington, for Thanksgiving.  I failed to realize I had my camera set on Sepia.....HA !!

I kind of liked the look of the shots, so........



The over-all length of this knife is 17", with the blade being 12".  The blade is hand forged 5160.

The guard is brass, silver soldered to the tang.  The handle is Arizona Elk antler tip piece, with stacked leather and brass and white spacers. The handle has a brass end plate.    Sheath is hand tooled 10oz. veg tanned leather.






This knife was a lot of fun to forge and finish,  the set is priced at $500+.

 


This blade is also from 5160, hand forged antiqued and finished.  The blade is 8" long, with the overall length of 13".  The guard is cast iron, the handle is Arizona Mule Deer Crown piece, with stacked leather with stainless and white spacers.    The set is priced at $450+.

 The sheath is hand tooled 10oz. veg tanned leather.  The inlay is Arizona Diamondback Rattlesnake skin.  

 

 

 



It had been quite a few years since I had Rattlesnake skin for my sheaths.  I only wish the markings were more defined, but I'll take what I can get.



 



This knife is forged from a file.  The guard is stainless and the handle is Arizona Coues Deer antler, with stacked leather and stainless and white spacers.  The handle has a stainless end plate.  The set is priced at $150.       SOLD



This blade is D2.  A real booger to forge and finish, but a very strong blade that will serve for generations.  I did kind of an Indian looking thing with this project.

The blade is finished with a chipped flint look, antiqued.  The handle is Arizona Elk slabs.  The sheath is 8 oz. veg tanned leather, overlaid with rawhide, with a brass head plate with rivets.  The sheath is finished with two coats of satin polyurethane.   The set is priced at $180+.

No comments:

Post a Comment